28.2.08

Fibonacci

This is the season to teach Fibonacci Series. Since I became a Steiner High School teacher, I have been teaching the "Fibonacci" in this season every year as a part of mathematics/geometry lesson.

As a beginning of the preparation, I drew theFibonacci Spirals with colour pencils. Here is the photo of the drawing.



You see a coloured drawing in front of the black and white picture, which is a photo of a pine cone I picked up on the school ground. I traced the pine cone shape onto a tracing paper, and coloured in it so that you see the spirals more clearly.


And....



this has no connection to the "Fibonacci" though I made them as I played with my sons. They are a cat and a tortoise made of beeswax. They are cute on the keyboard, aren't they!?

にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←Thank you for clicking this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know "Fibonacci" at all. How cool this picture is ! I tried to understand it in Japanese, but I couldn't get the meaning. :( As I like abstract art, it's inspired me so much. :)

Oh, the cat and the tortoise is very cute. :) My major is oil painting. I sometimes use beeswax as painting materials. ;)


Btw, take care of the earthquake!

chamokayo said...

hello, maco,

Although Fibonacci is not taught in main stream education much, Fibonacchi Series/Spirals have mysterious beauty in it.

You might be interested in Akio Hizume's art. He uses Fibonacci concepts a lot in his art.
You can find his art at:
http://www.starcage.org/
I hope you will enjoy his art!!

By the way, you lived in SF before, didn't you? I lived in Sacramento CA, which is east of SF, for two years before England. I am glad to find something common with you!!

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of "Fibonacci" before, but your pictures are lookes so artistic.

To tell you the truth, I was an art school student, I used draw picture like those...

I guess you like the artist "M.C.Escher" don't you?
I like him very much...

I like these cat and tortoise,as well.they are really cute♪

chamokayo said...

Hi, Non,
Yes! I like Escher very much. He is a great geometer as well as an artist. I have talked about Escher to my pupils in my geometry lesson. His works using a geometric idea are so impressive.