18.2.08

English!

You might think you would be able to speak English like a native speaker after living in English speaking country for 5 years.

It is not true. At least it has not happened for me.

I have to admit that I have not made much effort to improve my English since I moved out from Japan... But I am still struggling with English!!!


Writing is the worst for me, but expressing myself orally in English is still a big task especially when I am at work where I am not allowed to be "disable" in verbal communication.


Now, I have to go back to my work, which is writing a report for my past work....

Honestly to say, it is a nightmare to write this kind of official report.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←Thank you for clicking this.

2 comments:

little_sun said...

Hi Chamokayo,

I did hope to speak English fluently like a native-speaker though, I suddenly realised it was too hard and it didn't matter to speak English. Because one of my friend always enjoyed speaking, her accent was definitely Japanese but I thought using English was much better to improve my skill. It was relieved me from the pressure to learn from her and I've got enough confidence to speak anywhere even though I do need to improve my skill a lot :)

I think your English is very good because I can learn many things on it. Yes, I can imagine it is definitely a nightmare though, I do hope you finish it quickly, good luck :)

chamokayo said...

Hi, little_sun,

Thank you for your comment! The comment that you are learning a lot from my journal is very encouraging! That gives me more confidence! Thanks!

I think having a confidence is one of the most important factor to improve English skill. And also it is the biggest problem of my own that I don't have confidence when I speak English....

I do think the accent is not a matter so much. In Europe, there are so many different nationalities, and people from all over the world are speaking English with their mother toung accent. They can still communicate each other in their "strange" English. Even native English has so many differenciations depend on the area they are from and their social class. And they, native English speakers, make mistakes a lot!!

But I still hope I can use more sophistecated English.....I always need to ask husband to check my English before I turn in my official documents.:)