22.2.08

The Little Prisoner

I have read a fiction "The Little Prisoner" written by Jane Elliott. This is one of the best sellers about 2 years ago.

This is a book about Jane's experiences that she had been abused by her stepfather for seventeen years. Verbal/physical abuse, and sexual abuse she had were described in the book so vividly. It was very hard to read because of the cruelity of what her stepdad had done.

I have been hoping the story would turn to a positive direction at some point, because I knew this book had a happy end. But after 180 pages of reading, I have read only descriptions of heart-breaking abuses. After reading 2/3 of this book I still hoped to have some light in the story, but again the tragic drama went on and on till the end.

Still the ending had a factor of the "happy end", but it was very dark....

I understand that all the experiences hurt her so bad that it was not easy to keep her positivity. I felt very very sorry for her.

Still it would have been better if the book had more positive and encouraging spirit as I expected. Because this review(↓) made me pick up this book.

A heart-rending and inspirational story of a girl who bravely triumphs over evil.

It was not false though this review have given me more positive impression than the story itself.


にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←Thank you for clicking this.

No comments: