2.2.08

calligraphy

I have restarted practising calligraphy just recently. Since my sons broke my calligraphy pens, I had to borrow my husband's pens.

The pens I borrowed from my husband were "Pelikan Graphos" made in Germany about 50 years ago. He got them from his grandfather. They are old and used but have been very well taken care of. So they are still in great condition.

But I wanted to use "traditional" type calligraphy pens.

Today I bought a set of pens including 5 nibs. They are traditional style. So I need to fill the ink quite frequently. Honestly to say, "Graphos" is much easier to use.

But I want to practise calligraphy with these old-fashioned pens.

You might want to ask me "why??".

Because the old-fashioned pens look more graceful, beautiful and gorgeous. Using this wooden pen with brass nib make me feel relaxed.

No comments: