26.2.08

Ramen!

This weekend, I will have a Ramen Party with my Japanese friends and their families. Since most of Japanese people here in England have a rare chance to eat proper ramen, I decided to make ramen and eat it with them.

I often make noodles from scratch. I kneed udon, kishimen, soba, pasta, and ramen myself, and cut it with a pasta machine.

One of my friends is a professional cook and she is from Fukuoka. Yes! Fukuoka is famous for "tonkotsu" ramen! So she will make two different kinds of tonkotsu soup and I make ramen noodles. Other friends make cha-shu (cooked pork), cooked egg, gyoza, memma...etc, and of course sweets as well!

So I made some ramen noodles as my practice yesterday, because I have not made it for a while. It was good, but I was not satisfied with the thickness of the noodles. The thinnest setting of the pasta machine is too thin for tonkotsu ramen. The second thinnest setting is too thick....

But it will be all right. Not just all right. It will be great!

にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←Thank you for clicking this.

No comments: