8.2.08

Sleepy!

I love reading books. My favorites are science, philosophy, spirituality....mostly non-fictions.
Because I think I can learn more things from non-fictions than from fictions.

For the same reason, I rarely read ditective stories or science fictions. So it is quite a surprise that I picked up a detective story "Byakuya-kou" written by Keigo Higashino.

I started reading this because two of my friends recommended this author recently. I think this kind of coincidence would have some important meaning for me.

This is a Japanese story, and very complecated story. Lots of tricks are in the story and this book has over 850 pages!!

Now I have finished three quarters of this book in two days. Actually this is quite a page turner!


I guess you have understood why the title of this journal is "sleepy."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello
Please teach me about lunch box and box lunch, if you have a time.
A reader of my blog tells me 弁当 is box lunch, but his English teacher tells it’s lunch box. We are confused.
PLease read this Protect ourselves from harm
See you

chamokayo said...

Hi, Happy Blue Bird,

A "box lunch" means "lunch" in a box, and a "lunch box" means box itself. And they don't say a "box lunch" but a "packed lunch" or a "boxed lunch," although my Japanese-English dictionary says a "box lunch" for 弁当....

I hope this would give you any idea....

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I'm so sorry that I'm late to say words of thanks to you.
I'm at a loss which to choose among English words about お弁当.
I have to feel native thinkings.
Thank you very much.

chamokayo said...

Hi, happu blue bird,

thanks for leaving your "thanks" comment here.

I really admire you as an English learner. I know it is not easy to learn foreign languages as you live in Japan, since everybody speaks Japanese...
So It would be great if could support your leaning.

....I myself need support though, ha ha ha.