25.2.08

profession

I am thinking to change my profession.

I need to attend a university for five years to get the qualification for the job. To get into the university, I have to take IELTS, which is an English language exam. I have taken TOEIC and TOEFL before but never taken IELTS. I did not even know the exam before I researched about the university.

So I need to prepare for IELTS and collect all kinds of paperwork from the university I graduated in Japan, probably from a college I graduated in California as well. Also before applying I need a work experience that relates to the course. It seems very hard to be accepted by the uni. They have more than 1000 candidates for only 75 places. I don't know if I can really get into the course...

... Who knows!?

Even after entering the course, the study I would be expected to do would be a lot and tough.


I keep asking myself if I can really do it. Can I complete the 5-year full-time study as a wife and a mother of two little children? Am I strong-willed enough to do it? Am I smart enough?

I don't know.... But I think I will set the goal for it, and go for it. Even if they don't accept me, it would not be the end of the world. I can always come back to my current job....

にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←Thank you for clicking this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was in Sydney I was studying for IElTS. I needed to get more than 5.5 to 6.0. It seemed very difficult than TOEFL,but speaking exam was sounds better than TOEFL cause IELTS test is more conversational. IELTS is more useful for conversation and I like that... I thought.
However I actually didn't need to take it. My school said it's O.K to enroll the school if my level was more than upper intermediate.

Going back to school is very challenging,and It's a good chance to study again even at any age.Japanese unis are really difficult to going back.I like the system in other countries...
I guess it's very hard to get in,but things never happen if you don't try,right?
I hope you can make it!!

chamokayo said...

Hi, Non,

I am glad that you commented about IELTS. I have just started researching about the exam, and ordered one IELTS reference book a few days ago. Since I have not received the book yet, I have no idea about the IELTS.

The University I am willing to enter accept other exam results, such as TOEFL and Cambridge. But my TOEFL score from 6 years ago is not enough, so I need to take one of the exams. But it is necessary to study English to study at a university anyway...

Yes, in Western countries, it is quite normal to go back to study at any age. That encourages me a lot.

Thanks for your warm comment.
It all depends on my enthusiasm. How much I want to do it...How much I can keep the will to study... would be the biggest issue for my study....

My husband is supportive, and qualification for the uni is acceptable, and I would be able to get some kind of financial support from the school or the government, I guess.

Anyway, I have a lot of time to make a decision. So I will consider about it more.

Thanks angain for your comment!