22.3.08

White Easter!?

Yesterday was Good Friday, which is a national holiday in the UK.
Tomorrow will be Easter Sunday.

Everything will be closed tomorrow, and children will hunt eggs.


We bought several packages of lindt chocolate eggs for our children. We will hide them somewhere in the house or in our court yard so that our sons can find the eggs.

Also my husband dyed white eggs with natural dyes.

It was not easy to find the white eggs. At one supermarket I went eggs were completely out of stock... And today my husband found half dozen of white eggs at another supermarket.

But they are not chicken eggs but DUCK eggs.


I have never had duck eggs before, so I have no idea how they taste like....




So... with these duck eggs my husband dyed three of them pink using beetroots. Do you know beetroot? They are similar to round radish but they are harder and have very strong reddish colour.

And... he dyed three eggs with onion skins. Since I sometimes dye fabrics and canes with plant dye, onion skins are always ready to be used for dyeing.

....He used the onion skins I have collected, and the eggs turned out to be brown, which is just like normal brown eggs..... Of course he meant to make three golden yellow eggs though.....

Ummm..., he used too many onion skins.




But it's all right.
The effort he made for our children is important.

Our sons will hut these eggs and eat the boiled duck eggs.


I'm very curious how they taste.. really.




By the way, it has been snowy these two days. It is not snowing much, but somebody said we would have a "white Easter"....

This is not because of the cold weather in England, but because of the global warming. Actually we have not had any snow laid on the ground in this winter.


にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA".One click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

No comments: