11.3.08

pasta making

I often make pasta from scratch.
Some pasta flour, which is a mixture of semolina and wheat, and water and salt are mixed in a large bowl and I knead the dough strongly with my feet. So I can knead it with all my weight! ....Of course the dough is in a plastic bag when I step on it.

My sons love the pasta making process. They always jump on the dough in the plastic bag. They can not help me much because their weight are not heavy enough to knead it. But it is fun to work with children. Jumping on the dough, and dancing as we sing a song!

Then I use a pasta machine. First the dough needs to be cut into smaller pieces and flattened by a rolling pin. The pasta machine stretches the small dough to a thin paper-like rectangle pasta. We can use it for lasagna, but usually I cut the sheet into a thin noodle shape. Like this↓.





The pasta machine is so convenient. I use it for making udon, soba, and ramen. Also I use it for making gyoza wrappers.

And ..., of course freshly made pasta tastes great!!



By the way, when I was making pasta, my son asked me.
"What are you making?"
then I answered,
"I am making pasta from scratch."
"Oh, mama is making scratch pasta!........then, what is scratch?"
(We usually speak English.)

hahaha.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←Thank you for clicking this.

No comments: