10.3.08

main lesson SURVIVAL

In Waldorf Steiner school, we have block lessons called "main lessons." That is two-hour lesson, and we all start the day with the main lesson. This is a block lesson, that means pupils study mathematics for two hours every morning for three or four weeks. After three-week maths main lesson, they have other main lessons, such as English, History, Geography, Biology ...etc ... every day for three weeks.

Now I teach only main lessons, because my sons are still little and they are at home, and I need to be an almost full time mother. Since my husband teach at the same school and he does not teach main lessons, he can look after our sons when I am on the main lesson. As soon as my main lesson is over, I quickly go home and change my face from a teacher to a mother.


So when I am on the main lesson, our lives become stormy. As the name "main lesson" indicates, the main lesson is a core lesson of the school life. In the intensive lesson block, they focus on one topic and learn it very deeply. This main lesson teaching must be one of the most interesting work in a Steiner School.

But on the other hand, main lesson is the hardest one to teach. Teaching main lesson is like a survival.

Now I am in the middle of the main lesson, teaching Geometry to high school pupils.
I will have 7 more days to go, then we will have an Easter break.


I hope I can keep my enthusiasm all through the main lesson, and survive well...



にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←Thank you for clicking this.

No comments: