21.3.08

Easter Break began

Today is the first day of our Easter Break. I have been waiting for this day to start studying for the exams!

In the morning I had a meeting with a science teacher, and he lent me several revision guides for the science GCSEs.



All of them are quite old, some of them are from 90's and one is from 80's.

I have already got bought one biology book and two English books myself. They disappointed me a lot. The academic level of the contents is very low, and the contents are just lists of important points. There are not much explanations there.

So I started studying physics using the old books.

The educational books' quality is rapidly getting worse. It seems to be happening all over the world. It is no wonder that pupils' academic ability is getting lower and lower, if they can only get these boring textbooks. These books wouldn't appeal to children at all!!

Since I grew up in Japan, and I studied at a highly academic high school, I have learnt almost everything in the books. (I'm afraid it doesn't mean I remember everything......) Problem is that many of the scientific terms are new to me. Because they are English, of course! So, this is rather studying English than studying science.

But I think this is the best way to learn new foreign vocabularies.

Now I am enjoying studying science a lot as an English language study!


にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA".One click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

No comments: