8.3.08

Goal

Now I have set a goal. The goal seems to be quite tough.

To achieve the goal I have to get into a university, and study full-time for five years. Before I will be accepted by the university, I have to take several exams. Because of the exam system in the UK, it would take at least two years to finish taking all the exams I need for my application.

So... first, two years of study and then five years at the uni, total of seven years of study will be necessary to achieve the goal.....


The exams I have to take before entering the uni would not be so difficult. I need to take chemistry, physics, biology, mathematics and English. I have studied all of them, not just studied, I have taught all the subjects when I was in Japan.

Problem is, of course, English.

I understand all the contents for the exams, though I still need to learn the English scientific terms.. a lot of them... And English exam would be the hardest one for me, since "English" exam is an exam for native English speakers...

So it will be the study of English, not study of science....

"Can I do it?"
I have been asking myself so many times.
"Can I really do it? I have to work, do housework, take care of 3years and 4 years boys. Besides them, can I really study them?"


After these exams, I can stand at the "start line" finally, if I perform well at the exams and I am lucky.....

I don't know if I can really survive all the tough trials and achieve the goal successfully.

But I decided to start preparing for the exams.
Because I believe this is the right thing to do.


にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←Thank you for clicking this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two years of exam and 5 years of university, total 7 years study. It must be tohgh to achieve this.
However, you decided to do it. What a wonderful person you are.
I respect your decision and please keep your study and achieve your goal.
Anyway, 2 years of exam....it is too long, isn't it??

chamokayo said...

Hi,kimiosue,
Thanks for cheering me up!

2years of exams before uni is a bit stressful, because I have a diploma from the high school in Japan, also a degree from Japanese university. Why do I need to study high school level sciences again to be qualified for the uni application?

But I think it would be good to review the sciences in English, otherwise I will be in trouble in the uni science classes without knowing scientific terminology.

Anonymous said...

Hi,Chamokayo,
7 Years study must be VERY hard.
I used to study hard after I left uni, although I never though about going back to uni...
In Japan we think about our age too much.
That's Japan,right?

I think you are lucky, cause you can challenge and people around you support you. Peple in Japan usually can't do it.
You know, people say "You have kids!What are you thinkng!What's wrong with you!"...

I have been studying something for 2 years and it's kind of tough, but it isn't so tough if I compare to your effort...Now you cheer me up. I should try hard and to accomplish some day.
People who support you must be proud of you.
we never late to learn anything,right?

I keep cross my fingers.

chamokayo said...

Hi, Non,
Yeah...,that would be VERY VERY hard. I don't know if I can really do it. But if I want to do it and if I believe it's right, then I need to do it. I can't give it up before I try it.

I might fail it. But the effort I make would never be waste of time or energy. I will learn a lot of things from the experience.

So....I will do it.


I know how Japanese society is. I might not even think about going back to uni if I am in Japan.

Thanks for cheering me up.
I am very happy that many peple support me!

And if my blog can cheer you up, that is wonderful to hear!
Thank you for your warm and supportive message!!