25.3.08

gardening

Now I am in the middle of the Easter break!

I am very pleased to be able to focus on my own study during the break, but it is also good to work physically outside.

It is getting a nice season even in this dark England, although it hailed on the last three days. Now it is a time to prepare for beautiful flower season!

Yes, I need to work in my garden now if I want to enjoy beautiful garden this summer!


In the back of my house, there is one big plant bed, which is about 2.5m by 12m. It is on the north side of the building, also there is a tall fur tree nearby that gives big shadow over the bed. So half of the bed can get only a little bit of sunlight for a few hours a day and the other half can have no sunlight at all. The problem is not only the shade but rain. Because of the tall tree by the bed, the tree branches block a third of the bed from the rain.....

It is a tough place for a gardener.

What can I do with this waste land!?
Do you have any ideas for this poor beginner gardener?

Anyway I dug the bed today, transplanted some plants there, and planted some roots of bush that will have nice pink flowers...if it grow well. The instruction said this bush is suitable for shady place, so I hope it will grow all right.


I felt good after I worked outside in the garden. It is very important to have a balance between physical work and intellectual work. Each work stimulate each other.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA".One click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

No comments: