3.4.08

sprout

I sometimes grow sprouts. Various kinds of sprouts can be grown by water culture. I often grow mustard sprouts, soy bean sprouts and chick pea sprouts.

Yesterday I found this(↓) in my kitchen cupboard.



Overgrown sprouts.......

They are mung bean sprouts which are the most common sprouts in Japan, and called "moyashi" in Japanese.

We can buy moyashi in a supermarket in England. But why don't they have ORGANIC moyashi? This has been a big question for me.

Think about growing sprouts in water. They need only water. They don't need any chemical fertilizers or pesticides. If they fill the minimum requirements to name it "organic", they would do it to add the value on the vegetable. So if they don't say "organic", that would be definitely non-organic.....I guess.

Why they are not organic?????

I don't understand it, but it is safer to grow my own vegetables anyway. I can chose the seeds/beans, soil/water, and environment to grow them.

Unfortunately I don't have enough land to grow veggies, but water culture can be easily done in my little kitchen!



They taste better (I believe), and of course they are safer!
They are grown from organic beans, and grew in my cupboard in filtered water!
It is easy to grow, and reasonable.


にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA". Each click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

No comments: