29.4.08

Jane Eyre

I have been reading a literature "Jane Eyre" in English.
This is the pure classic literature.

I am not a literature kind of person at all. So I was not willing to read this until I have learnt that this was one of the books for English GCSE course work. I started reading this only for the English exam.


This was written in old style British English. Since it is a pure literature, there are quite a few interesting descriptions. As a scientific person using only simple language :D this kind of book is rather hard to read.




When I first read this story, which was a Japanese translation, about twenty years ago, I quite liked it. But it was a long time ago, when I was still in my impressionable youth. I didn't think I could enjoy this book again, especially reading in the original language.

But...to my surprise I found myself enjoying this story.


Yesterday I finished reading 60 pages of this book.
I am a very very slow reader when I read English books. The pages of this book are filled with tiny, almost invisible size of letters. (I am exaggerating. :D But I feel like that. :<) It is unbelievable for me to read 60 pages in one day!

Well done, Kayo!
I want to praise myself!

Hang on. I still have 450 pages to go. XD
Let's wait for the moment that I will complete this book, then I will praise myself!


にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA".Each click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

No comments: