5.12.08

transparent stars and...

Our annual event (?), one of the preparations for Christmas is making the transparent stars.

Using rectangular translucent papers, fold them to shape stars.

Like this ↓


The different number of layers make subtle shades over the stars.
Of course the two or three colours mix to make another colour.




And I went to the entrance to take another picture..., and what I found there is....




A rainbow!!



It was a huge rainbow!

We, myself and my sons, ran out of the house to look at the rainbow.



It was not just a huge rainbow, but double rainbows! Wow!!

Do you see the second rainbow over the first one?
It was already shading, so it may be hard to see it on the photo.


But it was a nice gift from nature!


I guess I have a great luck today!!


I wish you a luck, too♪


にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA".Each click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

4 comments:

Honesty said...

hellow,chamokayo,

Thanks for beautiful pictures.
I have not seen a rainbow for many years. I don't even remember when I saw one.
So now I feel really lucky with your double rainbows picture!
We have an image of the rainbow as a lucky item,and we connect them with something like a dream, ambition,etc..
I've heard in some countries a rainbow is the symbol of gays.
How interesting!
So many men, so many minds.
Good luck!

chamokayo said...

hello, honesty,

We don't have so many occasions to have a luck to see a rainbow in our modern life, I think. If I don't have little children, I might have lost the chance to see it. Having little children gives me a lot of chances to feel the nature that I don't notice in ordinaly life.

There are so many different angles to see one thing. It is interesting to see the different ideas. Each person is different. Isn't it beautiful!?

Talk to you soon!

Anima said...

Wow!
I was looking at your stars and thinking 'how cute...♪', then the stunning pics of rainbows appeared! It was a nice surprise for me too:)
I feel lucky, he he he. Thanks chamokayo.
Watching rainbows with lovely kids...is such a bliss!
Maybe the sky showed rainbows to you inspired by your lovely colourful stars...?:)

chamokayo said...

Hello, Anima,
the raibows were really nice present for us. The boys were totally absorbed in the scene. It was also wonderful gift for me to look at the boys.