30.12.08

GP

We changed our GP (home doctor).
The previous GP was the bad choice we made. We registered with the clinic soon after we moved to England. We didn't know much about English health system, and of course had no clue about good doctors in town. Back then, we didn't own a car, that limited our choices. We just picked the nearest GP.

The GP was the busy one. I always had a hard time to talk to a person to make an appointment over the phone. They were always busy and overwhelmed, and they just don't answer the phone. After many attempts, finally I got an appointment, but you know what comes next... Long waiting time... What was the appointment for, if we had to wait to see a doctor so long??

After the long waiting time, we finally see a doctor. But the doctors were always businesslike, they didn't really see us or listen to us. The time they spend to figure out the diagnoses was only a few minutes...Maybe less than a minute. I am not exaggerating. We usually got out of the doctor's room within five minutes. I always felt I was talking to a machine, or computer..., something without human heart.

With such a poor consultation, of course they gave us incorrect diagnoses, with prescriptions which I could not agree with it.


So after my first son got an antibiotics which is harmful and unnecessary for his symptoms, I quickly changed the GP where we can see an anthloposophical doctor who can prescribe homeopathic remedies.


We got an appointment for my first son today, and all four of us attended the consultation. The doctor looked my son's ailments closely, and listened to us well, thought through what the best choice for the boy would be. It took almost thirty minutes. Our conversation was far better from ones with the previous GPs. It was actually the conversation between human being who care about the patients the most.

He gave us a prescription not only for my son but also for my husband who was still greatly suffering from his chest ailments, although it was not the consultation for my husband.


We got several homeopathic remedies and one antibiotic medicine in case it would be needed. My son took two kinds of Weleda remedies as the doctor instructed, and he slept through all afternoon. He woke up and ate his supper, soon after that he went back to sleep.

His unusual long sleep assured me that my son would be recovered from his illness soon.


Today I felt relieved after the doctor's consultation.
Actually it was the first good medical experience in England.




にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA".Each click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

No comments: