20.10.08

Take it easy!

My boarding girl left for Sweden this morning due to the half-term break. We have two-week break, so she will spend ten days at home in Sweden with her family and friends.

It is nice to have her. She is a friendly and social girl, and is open to new culture and people. When she is at home, my sons enjoy her presence.

Nevertheless it is also good to have some time without her, just with my family. She is like a family, but she is not quite a family. I feel that looking after her is a kind of a job for me, which is not equal to a responsibility as a mother. I have some kind of responsibility for her. When she needs help, we need to help her. I feel keeping our house tidier is one of my task as a host mother, too.

When she comes home late, I don't feel easy. She is seventeen, so she can legally drink alcohol and smoke. In England youngsters at her age have much more freedom than Japanese high school kids. She is not stupid, but it makes me feel uneasy when she comes back after midnight, which she does quite often. Our house is in a safe neighbourhood, but walking in dark by herself makes me worried. Especially because she is a cute girl.


Now she is absent, and I feel totally at home. I don't need to clean the house as much as I do when she is here. I need to cook only half of food without her, because she is surprisingly a big eater. And I don't have to be worried about her safety...

I enjoy my private time just with my family now, then I will enjoy the time with her more after the break.


にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA".Each click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

No comments: