15.10.08

book stall

I got several books from a book stall, which my friends held at school.
Since they are interesting and intellectual people, sharing anthloposophy with myself, I expected to find some interesting books there. Filling my expectation, I found some for me, and some for my children.

One of the books was called "All about Herbs" published about 30 years ago. I love herbs, and own some books about herbs. I found this book interesting, because it features a lot on cooking with herbs. And that was what I wanted to learn more. I have a book about growing herbs, some books about general information about herbs, and some are for medicinal info. As a housewife with two little ones, knowledge of natural medicine is great. But I felt the necessity of using herbs in wider area, for growing herbs gives me more harvest than I can consume as a medicine. Also one bag of dried herb from a shop is too much to use up before they lose their nice smell. Learning more useful methods of herbs is something what I need.

The book "All about Herbs" shows many cooking recipes that are practical, and some are quite unique which are beyond my imagination.

For example:
1. a sandwich with nasturtium leaves
2. elderflower fritter

I didn't know that the nasturtium leaves are edible. It is also surprising that you can eat them raw! They don't look taste good though....

Elderflower is one of my favorite herbs. I make elderflower cordial on its flowering season, but I have never imagined to deep fry them to make fritters!
....I guess it wouldn't be so great with soy sauce but sea salt might give a nice flavour...


I am not sure if I want to try these though this book is surely amusing.


にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA".Each click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

No comments: