17.10.08

Half-Term Break + application process

The school ended. It is an autumn half-term break now.
I don't have any plans other than one of the physics exams. I am almost ready for the exams, so I would feel relieved if I could finish it now...

Exam is something bringing you anxiety even if it is not a big deal at all.


Huuuuuu.


By the way,
now I am seeking a possibility for the entry of university in September 2010. Application should be submitted in October 2009. Normally the candidates are college students studying A-levels which they will take the exams in January or May 2010. The exam result appears only in August, which is only a few weeks before the new school year starts. So the exam results are not ready neither when they applied for the uni nor when the uni is in the selection process. Instead of waiting for the exam results, the uni selects their students by the predicted exam results which are done by college teachers. And the selected candidates proceed to the next step, interview. As a result of the paper selection and the interview, the uni decides whether they accept the candidate or not. If the successful candidates don't achieve the predictions, they might lose the seat even after they are accepted by the uni.

This is the process.

Problem for me is that I am teaching myself without attending a college. That means I can not get the teacher's predictions. If I can wait for another year, it wouldn't be a problem, because I will have all the exam results required by the time I apply for the uni. But I don't want to waste another year. So I really want to find a way to the application process in 2009.



It seems to be quite difficult. The department at the uni is very popular and there are about 15 times as many candidates as the number of their seat. Entering other courses are not too difficult and the courses are open for many people in various situations, such as mature students, international students, students from low education family, and students without qualifications. For the course I am aiming for is denying all these possibilities and basically it accepts only direct entry procedure...

But I am still seeking for the possibilities to enter the uni in 2010.




I still have a plenty of time. I can still research more and then decide how I get there.


Also I wouldn't be disappointed even if I have to wait another year.
One year is only a short period of time compare to the whole my life.



にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA".Each click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

No comments: