19.10.08

Pippi



Do you know "Pippi" ?
Pippi is a girl in a book "the adventures of Pippi longstocking."

I remember seeing the TV programme when I was little. The book always reminds me the theme song of "Pippi" on TV. As soon as I think about the book, the song appears in my mind and it never stop....

This book was brought to my sons by our boarder. She is from Sweden in the area where Pippi lived. She says the landscape described in the novel is just like her place. Now I am enjoying reading it, although I don't like reading children's books normally. I think this is quite enjoyable to all generations. Pippi is so sweet and funny, and her innocence makes me smile.


I also think this is a good book for English learners. This is suitable for ages seven to ten, which is fairly easy. With amusing story, 280-page stories are not too long nor too short, even for beginners, I guess.

Some people recommend English learners to read children's books, because the language is simpler. But normally I don't agree with it, for many of children's books are boring for adults. To entertain adult readers, the books need to have interesting contents even though the reader's English ability is limited.

But I like "Pippi" and can recommend "Pippi" to many adult readers!!




にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA".Each click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

2 comments:

MACO said...

Hi! How are you?
Yep! I like Pipi very much too. =) and I know the song. I guess we might be the same gen

chamokayo said...

Hello, maco,
yeah, Pippi is so sweet.
I wish I could be like Pippi sometimes...... :D