22.10.08

Clockmice

The book I ordered two weeks ago hasn't arrived yet. More than ten days ago I received a confirmation e-mail telling me that they dispatched the book though...

I could hardly wait for the arrival without reading any other books, so I grabbed a book nearby. That was another children's book called "time and the clockmice" written by Peter Dickinson. I have just read one children's book "Pippi", although I rarely read kid's book myself.

This is the second time to read this book, and it was so fascinating again.

The way of his writing is sweet, funny, and lovely! Also he implies his philosophy through the main character. His philosophy is not something new, is rather familiar to me. It is the ideas I share with Dickinson a lot. That pleased me.

I can hardly imagine what children would think about the philosophical aspect of this book, but I guess they would understand the philosophy in a different level than adults, probably in much deeper level. Certainly this book brings a big joy for adult readers.

Peter Dickinson seems to like sciences and technologies. So readers find some scientific and technological contents in the novel, that was quite fun for me to read. I am sure many kids would love the technological descriptions as well as the plot itself. Of course this book gives many children interests in the world of science, as the author aimed.

I found his work quite fascinating, so I ordered another book "Eva." This is also children's book though it seems to be good for adults as well. This book again contains scientific and medical materials in the story.

I am very much looking forward this book's arrival...



にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA".Each click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

No comments: