7.10.08

balloon flower

One of the things I miss about Japan is a flower called a "balloon flower," "kikyou" in Japanese. There is a same kind of flower of same family in England, but the Japanese balloon flower has different taste than English one.

Hearing my admiration for the flower, my mother sent a piece of root dug from her garden. In the early spring in this year, I put the root in my plant bed, and had longed for the day of blooming.

It was September when I found a tiny buds on the thin stems. Since then I have observed the little plant awaiting for the flower.


When I saw the flower blooming the other day, I got disappointed....

That was not right kind. That was not THE kikyou that I had been longing. I wanted the original kind with single layer petals......

Still it is a beautiful flower, so I upload its photo.



...Do you like it??


にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA".Each click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

No comments: