23.10.08

christmas present

Christmas is a big event in England as well. Of course it is rather commercial. People buy presents for EVERYBODY! This "everybody" seems to be exaggerating, but it is not. Believe me.

People start going Christmas present shopping as soon as a summer break is over. So from September is the crazily busy time for shopping centre. I often go to one of the largest shopping mall in the central England, it is not because I like shopping there, but because I often shop groceries at a supermarket in the mall. Everytime I go there, I have to drive around all over the huge parking lots, looking for just one spot for me. I sometimes give up to look for a space after driving around 20 minutes.

The presents people buy for Christmas are mostly cheap stuff, something nobody really wants. And on the boxing day, which is the next day of Christmas, all the unwanted presents go to charity shop..., that is the origin of "BOXING" day, one of my English friends told me. Yes, boxing day is not a day to box (fight) for bargain staff right after the Christmas, but a day to pack these unwanted presents in gift boxes to give away to charitable foundations or send to developing countries.


Now I decided a Christmas present for ME!
I don't want anybody to waste money to buy unnecessary present for me. But I secretly tell you what I really want. That is something useful and I have been longing for it for a long time.

The thing is .... this.

Do you know Chassuer? It is a French cast iron cookware company. It is not as popular as Le Creuset in Japan, but its quality is as good as the top brand Le Creuset. Also Chassuer is slightly inexpensive.

Last winter, just before the Christmas, the prices of Chassuer products slode down the hill rapidly as low as 80%OFF. I bought one pot and a grill pan at that time. They are excellent and I am sure they will last longer than my life.

You know what I am aiming for...?
Of course you know.
I am waiting for the time when the prices drop. That is the time I can get my new Chassuer wok.

Hehehehehe... :D


にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA".Each click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

No comments: