1.9.08

international student

Our new boarding student will arrive on Wednesday.
She is a 17-year-old German-Swedish, and will stay with us for this school year.

We often have a foreign guest in our house. Although we live in England, we have had an English guest only once. Surprisingly, our guests are often from abroad; Hungary, Korea, Japan, and Sweden this time.

Our family itself is quite international family. I am a Japanese, my husband is a German, the first son is an American-German-Japanese and the second son is a German-Japanese. So when we have a foreign guest, the guest often adds one more nationality in our house.

Isn't it interesting?
Five people with four different passports under one roof. :D

The Swedish girl seems to be very independent. She left her parents' house to live by herself when she turned to sixteen which she can live by herself legally. Since then she lives in an apartment by herself, and she handles the independent situation very well. This summer she traveled around for one month all by herself. Her mother told us that she insisted that she would not need us to pick her up at the air port when she arrives, but it would be better for her to have a car since she comes with two big suitcases...


Anyway, it is exciting to have a new family!
Somebody we have never met would join us for several months.

We have had a boarder last year as well. But having this Swedish girl would be different experience for us because everybody is different. I will learn a lot from this experience as well as she will.

I hope she loves little children, so my sons can play with her.


にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA".Each click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You have quite the international family! I enjoyed reading your blog. Your son is adorable (your mop and dustpan model!) Good health and happiness to you all.

chamokayo said...

Hello, Nathalie,
thanks for your comment!!
In fact we expected my second son to get an English passport, since he was born in England. If he got it, we would have had four different passport for four persons. It didn't happen as we expected, though... :D

Happiness and love to you too!!

kaori said...

Hello!!
I'm Kaori, senior student in Japan.
I happened to find your blog through blog-mura.
Your blog is really interesting.
You said your family would have kinda new member in this article. That's cool!Is everything going well?

I also keep my blog in English. I would appreciate it if you could come to see my blog.

Thank you.
Let me have a look here again soon=)

chamokayo said...

Hello, Kaori,
thanks for visiting my blog.

Yes, everything is going amazingly well. Our boarder who has just joined our family is really nice and mature girl. I feel she can be a good FRIEND of mine, which is much closer relationship than host mother - boarder relationship.

Thanks for your comment, and I will see you at your blog.

See you!