24.9.08

new work space

I set up my new desk space in my bedroom. Since I have one desk in an office in our house, this is my second desk.

My house is located on the school campus where my husband teaches. I used to teach at the school as well and now I am a parent of two kindergateners at this school. So I know the stuff, pupils and parents well.

It is so wonderful that I don't have to drive/walk to the school to drop off my kids, or pick them up twice a day. Also I don't have to go somebody's house to socialize, because they come to me. How convenient!

On the other hand, we have so little privacy here. People are coming to see me/my husband asking questions or asking for a help. I like to help people, but I am not always available to help them. I really need time for myself and focus on my staff-- study.


Our office is situated near the entrance area, also two big windows in the office are facing to the area where many people go by. I found it quite distracting to see people walking or chatting there, when I study.

So that is the reason for setting up my desk in my bedroom where I can have some more privacy. Our bedroom is the most isolated room which is the furthest from the entrance. It is on the first floor (-- "the first floor" means upstairs of second storey building in British English--), so nobody walks right there outside of the window.

This change actually made big improvement. I can focus on my desk work much better, although the noise from the street is louder in the bedroom than in the office.


Also... there was another factor to improve my study environment. That was my computer. There is my computer on my office desk, and I tend to check e-mails and internet too often when I am at the desk, even when I am not expecting any e-mailsm news, or information from web sites. I know I should have stronger will to avoid the temptation from the computer, but changing situation can make it possible without stress.


So, now I am happy with my new desk area, and actually it is successful.


にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA".Each click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

No comments: