12.9.08

Fasting

I have been trying a semi-fasting cure recently. It's been one week or so since I started it.

It is a SEMI-fasting, and I eat lunch and supper as usual. I just skip my breakfast. I spend eighteen hours without food from a supper around 18:00 to a lunch at 12:00. I drink some tea, water or sometimes soup without solid ingredients any time, because the liquid doesn't stimulate the digestion system.

I am doing this not for losing weight but for my health. Mainly for the digestion system of course, but it is also for improving my body's efficiency.

I just feel we normally eat more than we need. I think our foods in this modern lifestyle are rather rich and we are generally taking more energy than our bodys actually need. We are wasting the excess energy, and often people gain fat. On the other hand, there are millions people are suffering from starvation in the world, though...

What concerns me about overeating is that the overeating habit ruins our body systems. Once our bodys learn to eat too much, they adjust the system themselves not to absorb the nutrition efficiently. So the bodys don't work as much as they can, and they get lazy.

It is important to eat after the stomach completes the digestion. So I eat less lunch to make sure that my stomach is empty at supper time.


For a few days after I started the fasting, I felt dizzy in the morning a bit. But now I got used to the habit, I don't feel any dizziness at all. Now I feel my body has more energy and brain works more clearly. Now I am more sensitive about my body and feel what my body needs.


I feel really good overall.


にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA".Each click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

No comments: