30.8.08

Physiotherapist

It is Saturday today.

This morning my husband got an appointment with a private physiotherapist for his broken wrist. His colleague recommended the therapist, saying "he is definitely the best in the Midlands." Since my husband lost one appointment with a NHS physiotherapist unwillingly during our trip, and he has to wait to see an orthopaedic doctor once again before seeing a physiotherapist, he was quite fed up with the system of NHS.

He phoned the therapist this morning after 10am, and got an app. at 11:45am. He is a busy therapist and my husband would not get any appointments anytime soon if he does not have a recommendation from his colleague who is obviously a good friend of the therapist.

The session with him took almost one hour. Checking the conditions, the therapist told my husband that his wrist was operated very well. That was worth to hear. What a relief. Also the therapist taught my husband one course of exercises that my husband can do it himself so that he doesn't need to come back to the practice so soon. Surprisingly, the therapist drew pictures to explain how exercises should be done with some descriptions and clear drawings. He told my husband that it doesn't make any sense to give a pre-printed sheet of exercises because every patient needs different exercises. Wow! He really thinks of his patients. Great!!

Furthermore, he informed my husband a contact address of manufactures where he can buy some supporters for his wrist. Usually the practice wants to sell those staff to get the profit out of it. But he didn't. That is because it is less cost for his patients.


Now my husband got another appointment in October. But the therapist seems not to expect my husband to come back. He predicts that my husband would be better in one month of time and another session would not be necessary.


So...my husband's wrist will be better, I believe.
That is a wonderful news.

What a relief.... :D


にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA".Each click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm, you have nice posts, mam ! it would be good to see a blogger such as you on Blog Catalog discussions page ! regards, blade !

Anonymous said...

Hello. I like your blue blog. Come visit me!

chamokayo said...

hello, arun,
thanks for visiting my blog.
I am very happy if you enjoy my blog!

thanks! :D

chamokayo said...

hello, juliana dewi k,
Thanks for your comment!
I visited your blog and enjoyed your posts!

Talk to you soon!

Juliana Dewi Kartikawati said...

I am here again. Thanks for visiting me. Regards for your cute kids.

chamokayo said...

hello, juliana,
thanks for coming back here.
I am looking forward to reading your next post on your blog!