20.9.08

Job interview

I had a job interview today.
It was a teaching position at a Japanese school. But they don't have any job openings currently, so it was an interview just to be registered as their future teacher.

As a fully qualified and experienced teacher, my teaching career is more than they expect. But sometimes one of my career as a Steiner teacher scares main stream people. I think the Steiner education is too different from main stream education and the difference makes people afraid of dropping out from ordinary way that majority of people follow.

When I had an interview at another school a few years ago, I felt strongly that the teachers, including the head teacher, have resistance for the Steiner education. I was accepted at the school but I didn't get a good impression of the school...

But this time, the atmosphere of the school was not the same. The head teacher knew about the Steiner education and he actually has a kind of admiration for it. Of course he is one of the main stream school teachers, so he can't ignore the curriculum that Japanese government set. Still he asked me if I can bring some essence of the Steiner education to the school. It is because he thinks the Steiner education is wonderful, and he wants to improve the education for the children.


So... I will be registered as a supply teacher for now, and when they need a new teacher, probably I will get the teaching position... maybe two to three years later.

A few years of time delay is also a part of my plan. The school is open only on Saturdays. I want the Saturday job when I become a university full time student. So two to three years from now is the best timing for me.



にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA".Each click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

No comments: