28.11.08

what if I was in Japan?

Sometimes I wonder what if I was in Japan.


Now I have a difficulty finding a job because of my qualification. In Japan, I had a good education, and had a degree from a university. When I apply for a job in Japan, they would have no doubt on my ability that is estimated from my education history.

But I have no qualification at all here.


Many English people know that the education in Japan is more advanced than that in England, though they don't take the Japanese diploma as a useful qualification.

Probably it is too much trouble to compare the Japanese qualification to English ones. I can easily guess that it is easier for them to hire English person with equivalent qualification.


When I faced this difficulty in England, the idea of getting a job in Japan popped up in my mind.


What if I was in Japan?
Could I get a job more easily?



Of course ... the answer is "NO."


The society in Japanese local area is closed to aged woman. I am in the late thirties. People would not give me much interesting job even though I am a well educated person.


The age verier is not so hard here in European countries. So if I study something and get a qualification, I will have more opportunities to get a better job at my middle ages.


Also quitting teaching position and starting something completely new must be very very difficult in Japan. Of course it is not easy in England as well. But the path for the new career is not closed. People support the idea of doing something new positively and they even encourage it.


So I think I have more opportunities here than in Japan.


It is not very easy living in a foreign country.
Surely I have to have more difficulties here that I wouldn't need to have in Japan.
On the other hand, I can see more interesting things and have different experiences that I could never have in Japan.

I appreciate the various chances I get by living outside of my country Japan.
I am enjoying both difficulties and joyable events very much.



My life must be quite intense.
But I like my life having such troubles that can make my life even more interesting and fun!



にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA".Each click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

No comments: