25.11.08

Exhibition

We had an open house exhibiting my father-in-law's, mother-in-law's and my husband's arts. It started on Friday evening, and ended on Sunday. Saturday was the busiest day when many people were in the house all day. We had several guests on Monday even after the exhibition was over, and sold some jewellery, sculptures, and Christmas tree ornaments. Thanks a lot. We appreciate your visits and interests to the art works. :D

It was a celebration for my husband's 40th birthday and at the same time, the 40th anniversary for my in-laws' career as goldsmiths.

Let me show you some pictures of their works. These are only a few out of many, but you would see their taste, at least.









Today both left for Germany, went back home.

They had a good time in England, and decided to come back next year to have another show here.


にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA".Each click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

2 comments:

Honesty said...

hellow,chamokayo,

Thank you for your pictures. I can't believe they have created those works from scratch!
I really like their taste. They remind me some places such as a peaceful tropical beach and a crystal spring in the mountain.

Getting-together is really fun, isn'it! I'm sure it was really an
enjouable time for your kids,too!

Talk to you soon,

chamokayo said...

hello, honesty,
thanks for your regular comments. Your words always encourage me.

Their works are very sophisticated. Those works are all inspired by nature, such as woods, precious stones and even pebbles. The mixture of nature and human made shapes creates the beauty.

Yes, getting together is nice. We all enjoyed the time, but now I really enjoy peaceful and quiet time without granma & granpa.