13.11.08

After physics...

I have been studying for the university entry. I have to go through all the exams that other young students do. If I make an entry as an international student, I would not need this exam preparations. But the fee would be 20000 pounds (4000000 yen)a year as an international student whereas UK students pay only 3000 pounds (600000 yen). Who can afford 20000 pounds a year...?? At least, not me...

So I can not be too lazy even though I am finished with physics exam....

Look at the following list. This is what I am planning to do in the next half year..

1. Chemistry GCSE
2. Biology GCSE
3. Mathematics GCSE
4. Additional Mathematics GCSE (Advanced mathematics)
5. Information and Communication Technology GCSE
6. First language Japanese GCSE
7. English as a second language GCSE

These exams will come all in May/June 2009.
The GCSE requirements are only five subjects (physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics and English), but I decided to take as many as other UK students normally take. The course is very competitive, so the better grades I get, the more possibility to be a successful candidate. So I picked the subjects No.4 - 7 so that I can easily get good grades without much study. :D Mathematics is my special, it is a piece of cake. And Japanese exam would be much easier than studying other subjects. ICT won't be a problem, either. For I used to be a computer programmer, I know the computer systems as much as they expect me to know for the exam.

English is the most difficult one. I need English exam for native speakers, but I decided to take this easier one first to gain confident before I take "first language English."

This is the plan up to May/June 2009.



Sounds crazy?

Not too bad. I can do this because I have a goal to achieve.
I actually enjoy studying a lot.

I think studying something else in English is the best way to improve English, too.


By the way, isn't it funny that I can take "first language Japanese" (KOKUGO) exam in England to get into a university in England?? The exam subjects variety is amazingly wide in this country.


にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA".Each click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! chamokayo,
It's amazing! You are studying so hard taking care of your two lovely sons. Are you a superwoman?
And it's surprizing studying over there is so expensive. I have ever heard the tuition for froeign students is higher than that of domestic ones,but I have NEVER thought such a big difference. It's really hard to continue studying over there.
Actually I have commented before, and my daughter is going to study in US from Jan. through March. In April she will join a new semester in Japan, but she doesn't like her major at all. So I asked her,"Are you going to continue study in US,if you catch up with the class?" She said,"No way, I have no money." It's true. Only this time we will pay more than 1 million yen total. It costs a lot to study abroad.
  I really hope you will juggle your studies and family.
See you,

chamokayo said...

hello, honesty,
thanks for your comment and compliments.

It is really surprising with the super expensive tuition for international students.
Especially the course I want to attend is a hospital-based study, that means the fee is twice as much as other department. But still it is high... But I am eligible to enter the uni as a uk student since I am a uk resident, I don't have to pay that much. What a relief.

It is costly to study abroad, but There are more opportunities of scholarship in the US or UK than in Japan. Government and institutional organizations are much more supportive to students, and are willing to offer a chance towards higher education. Maybe your daughter will find some possibilities for the continuation of the study if she really wants to study more in the US.

See you,