22.5.08

cauliflower

My neighbour is an excellent gardener. He grows various kinds of vegetables and his crops are more than enough to cover the needs for his whole family. So he often gives us fresh vegetables he grew in his allotments.

What his son brought to me the other day was.....



giant cauliflower!!!
(photo:my son with the giant cauliflower in his arms)
Can you believe this size? It is huge!


I am grateful for getting such nice and fresh vegetables.


But.......

I don't like cauliflowers........

Sorry.....


But I must not waste this treasure from the earth! I must consume this somehow.


My friend recommended me a "cauliflower cheese." It is a typical ENGLISH pub food with loads of cheddar cheese in it. I have never had the dish, so I cooked this from my pure curiosity.



Although I dislike cauliflowers, this dish didn't bother me at all. Actually I liked it. (I wouldn't want to eat this so often, though. XD) It was the taste of cheddar cheese more than anything else.

If you want to try this British food, here is the recipe. Enjoy!

I used a third of the cauliflower for this "cauliflower cheese" yesterday, then a sixth of whole for curry today.

Can you believe that I still have a half of huge cauliflower???

What shall I do with this...?


にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA".Each click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

2 comments:

Psychocat said...

Why do you dislike cauliflowers? I like one, but my wife also dislike. ^^; So I haven't had one for a long time.

BTW,
I thought that the relation between cauliflowers and broccolies are the same relation as white asparaguses and green asparaguses in my early life.

chamokayo said...

hi! psychocat,

I can't take the texture of cauliflowers...

Broccoli and cauliflower are alike, it is no wonder that little children believe they are like green asparagus and white asparagus.