5.5.08

big penne

I often order some natural foods to be delivered at a natural food shop.

Some time ago, I ordered some pasta and several other groceries by phone. The pasta "penne" I ordered was out of stock, so the lady on a phone listed up their stocks. One of their stocks was called "big penne." I had no clue about the size of the BIG penne, though the name "big penne" attracted me somehow. Then I ordered it.


Here is the photo of the big penne I have received↓.




You might not imagine the size of penne from this photo. So now imagine a penne and its diameter of the section is approximately 3cm. .......It's not big, it's HUGE. :<


And it takes 21 minutes to cook because of the thickness. 21 minutes seems to be forever to cook pasta...



But it is awarded in Italy as the best organic pasta and actually tastes good.



But it is far too big.........


Since the natural food shop only sells in a bulk quantity, I have bought a dozen of 500g package. ummmmm....





What shall I do with this gigantic pasta? Maybe I can create some new recipes from this unusual pasta. What about stuffing some vegetables or meat in the penne? It might turn out to be delicious.

Definitely it would look cool!
Imagine the penne that has some asparagus sticking out of it.
Eat it with some nice tomato sauce.
Maybe some salad dressing would go well with it.

Doesn't it sound good? :D


にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA".Each click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

No comments: