1.7.08

NHS

NHS "National Health Service" is English public health service. Thanks for NHS, we can have medical services for free. I think it is great that even international students can be benefit from this system. If you stay in England longer than six months, you don't have to pay for NHS medical treatments, which is great.


But the service is poor. As I wrote about the scheduling of my husband's operation the other day, everything takes time so long. Today after my husband was told to be discharged from the hospital, it actually took for them to release my husband for seven hours. Of course they had to do several things, such as some paper works and giving him some medications, but seven hours are too long to wait for patients.


Their hospital foods were awful. When I visited him yesterday, the staff was preparing for the meal. The smell of the food filled whole ward, and the smell was disgusting. Honestly to say, I was about to throw up from the smell.

The menu was chips, cauliflower, beef burger with gravy sauce and iced cream. It is not a healthy menu, isn't it? They are all from bags of frozen food. I guess they are not really "food". You know that the cheapest soy sauce are not made from soy beans. They are just mixture of chemicals. The food at the hospital must have been something like that.

How can the patients be better with these poor nutrition? These food can not give the patients any energy. They are almost poison with so much additives.

My husband is spoiled about food, since we are eating food home-made from scratch that are made from organic ingredients. This hospital food was shocking. I can not believe that it is the food for human....


Maybe I am too critical about them...






There are many NHS cancer patients who are dying as they wait for the operation. They are on the waiting list, but the date of the operation is half year ahead, and they die before the operation. There are lots of cases like this happening all over in England.


Free service is great.
But "free" might be the most expensive, as a Japanese expression says.


にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA".Each click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

No comments: