14.7.08

The Second Life

Women have two lives in one life.
It might sound something strange for you, but I feel it from my life experience.

My second life started when I became a mother.

"Mother" and "non-mother" are different. After a woman gave a birth to a baby, she became a different person. Having a baby would change the mother's heart and the way of looking at the world. If you are a mother, you would know what I mean.

Truely it is a radial change for woman to have a baby. Totally different life is there and you can not go back to the life before the baby arrived.



I myself feel the difference in my occupation as well. I had been a teacher before I became a mother, and for four years after my first son's birth.

Becoming a mother changed my whole philosophy about my life. Applying for the new philosophy, I felt teaching job was not what I really wanted to do while I am a mother.

Here I would not say why and how come to this idea, for the explanation would take quite long ...


Anyway, I felt I needed to change my occupation. "What shall I become after a teacher?" was the next question. Then I reached a conclusion and now I am working for the new goal to achieve a new profession that is completely different from a "teacher."




I am finished teaching, and have started proceeding toward the new occupation.



I can easily imagine that it would have been much more difficult to change the profession if I live in Japan..., especially for women. So I really am happy living in one of the countries that allows people, both men and women, to change the occupation.


But it was myself who has decided to change my life. I would have done same thing or found the way to achieve my dream even if I was in Japan......


Anyway, I am enjoying my second life.



にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA".Each click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I ask you that after you quit a teacher, what occupation did you choose ?
I'm so envious that you could know that wisdom, and I 've been wanting it. But I think it's God's will.
So, thank you for sharing your wisdom. I'm always looking forward to reading your blog !!

chamokayo said...

Hello, fur,

thanks for your vitits and a comment.
The next occupation I am aiming for is a dentist. So full time five-year study at a Univ. is necessary. People might think it is too much or too tough to do for a middle age person, but I strongly feel this is the path I am expected to follow. As you said, it is God's will.
Talk to you soon! :)