21.7.08

Germany

It is a summer break!!
Our summer break is just like Japan's. It is a six-week break from the 17th July to the 3rd Sep.

We are going to Germany from next week Monday.

Germany is my husband's country. We are going to visit my father-in-law living in a small town relatively close to Berlin.

You might be surprised, but it is the first time for me to see my father-in-law. We have been married for four years, and now we have two sons. But my sons and I have not met him yet.



My husband says the area he lives is such a beautiful place. The town is by a lake where we can swim.

Wow! I have not wore my swim suit after I have got a son.... It is a bit scarly...



...Anyway, our trip to Germany is a long way since we drive to Germany. The distance we will drive would be about 3000km return, and I am the only driver because my husband broke his left wrist last month. He can not drive a car at all.

Fortunately we have a friend in Den Haag, Holland, which is just on our way to Germany. We can have an accomodation there. It has been four years since we met the friend last time. Four years ago we had only one son, and she had none. Now we have two sons, and she has seven months old baby boy!! Isn't it exciting to see an old friend with the growing family!?




So, we will leave the house one week from now, and will come back in the last week of August. It is a 3-week trip.



Wish me luck for the SAFE trip...........


にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA".Each click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

6 comments:

Anima said...

I envy you!
I want to go to Germany again...well, I've only been to Berlin and I loved the city, West and East, both.
But your father in law lives in the suburbs? Should be nice!
It will be a hard work to drive for many hours.
Take care and have a fantastic trip!
Am looking forward to reading about Germany:)

Anonymous said...

日本語の訳があれば助かるのですが。

chamokayo said...

匿名さん。

そうですね。今のところ英語オンリーでとは思っているのですが、日本語サマリーくらいあるといいかもしれませんね。考えてみます。

chamokayo said...

Hello, Anima,

I have been to West Germany where my mother-in-law lives, but never been to Berlin. The place my husband's father lives is by a lake and a small town for artists. He is one of the artists who was invited to live there... So it sounds great, doesn't it?

We take a ferry from Harwich to Holland. It saves time and distance to drive. So....I will drive through Cambridge!!! We might stop at Cambridge on our way home, so we can have some breadkfast there. Are there any nice place for having breakfast there?? If you have any recommendation, please let me know!

Talk to you soon!

Anima said...

Great, you will come to Cambridge!!!
My favourite place for light food is 'Auntie's Tea Shop' near the market in the city centre.
This is one of the traditional(ish) tea shops in town. Tea is nice, sandwiches and other snacks are nice as well.
The waitresses wearing maid uniforms are cute.
Here's some info.
http://trustedplaces.com/review/uk/cambridge/cafe/1x42k7h/auntie-s-tea-shop?agoal=3_1
Enjoy your trip!!!

chamokayo said...

Hello, Anima,

Thanks for your recommendation.
I printed out the info on the web site.
Thanks!