29.6.08

crazy days...

Last two weeks were crazy and depressing.

First, my husband broke down from overwork. He just couldn't move at all. That forced him to stay at home off from work for three days

Second, he broke his wrist bone on the next week.


...He is workaholic.

Even if he was not, generally this time of the year is crazily busy for all the teachers to finish up the school year, write reports and prepare for the summer break.

On top of the year-end craziness, my husband was teaching Class Eleven project of building a shelter. This was a quite big project for pupils and my husband was very eager to work on it with pupils. Actually the project was really going well. But the time for this project was limited since the pupils were going to fly to Greece on Sat.

So it was unacceptable for my husband to stay at home without helping pupils. He wanted to proceed the project as much as they can, before the pupils left for the trip.

While he was working at the construction site on Wednesday, my husband slipped on a wet surface of an old door which he used as a slope. He fell down as he tried to protect his whole body with his dominant left hand.

That broke his left wrist bone.
He said that he has heard the sound when the bone got broken... How scary...

The school office phoned 999 immediately, and we hurried to an A&E by the ambulance. He got some treatment there, but an operation was still needed to be done.

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday have passed and today is Sunday.

No operation yet.

Today, finally, he went back to the hospital preparing for the operation that would be held next morning.


It was unbelievable that they didn't give him the operation immediately. Can you believe that he had to wait for the operation for five days?





It is NHS after all...






Hope the operation will go well.
Hope the doctor will be good.

Hope he will get better soon....





Now I feel lonely without my husband next to me.........XD


にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA".Each click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

4 comments:

Anima said...

Gosh... I feel sorry about all the misfortunes...
I guess your husband is such a responsible person and proud of his work, but it backfired on him unfortunately.
When my partner got injured NHS was not very helpful either... this medical system in this country should be improved!!!
Hope he gets well soon.
Take care.

chamokayo said...

Hello, Anima,
Thanks for your warm comment.
The operation is done. I don't know if it went well or not, but at least they have not found any problems...

It was misfortune, but I think he had to learn to slow down... otherwise he won't live so long...

The NHS is inefficient, and hard to trust the quality of their work. I hope he had a good doctor for the operation... But we'd never know...

Psychocat said...

I see. “stormy two weeks” you wrote on my blog meant it. Hope your husband feel better soon.

chamokayo said...

Thanks for the comment.
The operation went all right. So he will come home soon.
But we would never know what will happen next. I mean the NHS service is really untrustworthy.

But I am happy that he will come soon...