25.8.08

back to England

Now I am back to England.

Three-week trip is over and now I am trying to adjust myself to my ordinary life.
I thought I would need one day in a bed after the trip because I was so exhausted from having driven incredibly long distance. Can you guess how long I have driven over this trip between England and Germany? The total distance I drove was 2200miles which is 3500km. Imagine leaving from Fukuoka driving through main land Japan to Aomori, and then going back all the way to Fukuoka, and some more driving to Nagoya...that's the distance I have driven during this trip. I drove all by myself since my husband got a broken wrist that still hurts badly after 7 weeks of the injury.

It was crazy.
It was madness.
I knew it from the last trip to Germany. Two years ago, after the first trip to Germany, I declared to my husband that I would never never drive to Germany.

But I happened to do this again....

Anyway I am back home in England safely.

When we arrived at the port in Harwich, England, the sky was dark grey that was neary depressing atmosphere. It was totally different colour than the grey sky I saw in Germany. Oh, gosh. This grey sky welcomed us back. I felt it ironic after having a bad homesickness through the trip. XD But still I felt good about being on this small island of the UK.

England is our place.
Our lives are happening in this beautiful country.
The country is covered with a grey sky most of the time, but grey sky is typical English thing. It is all right to have a grey sky over myself. I am totally happy with coming back home!

I don't mean the trip was not enjoyable.
Trip itself was good.
I just missed my place, my kitchen, my bed, and my food...

Let me upload one photo.
This is a picture of Malchow, Germany, which is between Berlin and Baltic Sea.


Can you recognize a brown church on the right of this photo?
In front of the church was an old monastery where my father-in-law currently lives. We stayed there with him for ten days.

This area has countless numbers of lakes and is surrounded by beautiful nature.
It was a wonderful place.

I will write more about the trip later on.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA".Each click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

2 comments:

Anima said...

Welcome back to England!
I understand that you feel 'England is our place'.
When I come back to England after a trip abroad I always feel soooo relieved.
Even the boring hills and the grey sky seen make me feel at home.
And you must be so tired as you drove all the way...I don't drive and can't imagine how hard it is though...
I saw Baltic Sea in Poland, which looked beautiful. Awfully cold however!
Anyway good to hear from you and I look forward to reading your posts again:)

chamokayo said...

Hello, anima,
it's always nice to read your comment. Thanks.

I often complain about English customs and their inefficiency, though I like this country a lot. I feel at home here much more than in Japan or any other countries I've ever visited.

When I go there next time, I would like to see Baltic Sea. Also I would like to visit Berlin where we have planed to visit during this trip but couldn't.

By the way, I strolled around in the city of Cambridge. It was early evening so we couldn't see much. But I really loved the city. I would like to visit Cambridge again!