29.8.08

new chopping boards

I finished making my new chopping boards.

This material was a left over from a kitchen counter top that my husband used for his workshop. He cut the oak board to make my chopping boards. But he didn't complete them, so I had to sand the boards myself.


Then the boards were left in our kitchen without being sanded for five months.




A few days ago, I just started working on them.
Using two electric sanders, I made the surface smooth, and sanded the edges of the boards so that any sharp corners were not left.

The finish is oiling. I applied some olive oil on the boards with a rag, and dry them. This process was repeated seven times. Now the nice surface was built up and they are ready to use! YEAH!




30cm × 40cm × 3.5cm

Aren't they gorgeous!?




にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ ←This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA".Each click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

No comments: