7.1.09

sake

Today I went to a chinese super market in Birmingham to buy sushi rice.
Sushi rice is essential for me as you can easily imagine. It is quite difficult to live without Japanese sushi rice although I have already survived several years without quite a few Japanese groceries.


Today I bought something special, which is Japanese sake "ozeki dry."

I have never bought any kinds of Japanese sake for drinking myself even when I was in Japan. But when I bought a tiny 180ml bottle of sake to make a special BBQ sauce last year, I tasted it and found it quite tasty!!!

Half of the pleasure might have been one way of expression of just a homesickness. But I have missed the taste of sake since then.


So I bought one bottle which is larger than the previous one, with an excuse of making the special BBQ sauce again.

hahaha.



I tasted a tiny bit after supper today. Just a tiny bit is enough to feel "Japanese" mood.



This sake was made in California, and imported to England.
Actually, the sake factory is fairly close to the city of Sacramento where I used to live.


I knew there were a few Japanese sake companies around the city because there is a good water source from American River and Sacramento River.

But isn't it quite interesting?

I myself , Japanese,
Japanese sake made in California where I used to live.
The sake imported to England where I currently live.


And now I am sending this blog to all over the world via Internet, and many of the readers are Japanese.


Japan → California → England → Japan

It is just a sake, but it is going round the world connecting people.







By the way, it has been freezing cold these days because of the cold wave in Europe. Somebody said it is the coldest winter in the last thirty years in England. In fact, the temperatures these day have been under zero degree Celsius. Several people have frozen to death in the continental Europe. It is nice to see white snow and children playing with the snow, but I hope it will be warmer soon!



Ç…ÇŸÇÒÉuÉçÉOë∫ âpåÍÉuÉçÉOÇ÷ Å©This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA".Each click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

2 comments:

Honesty said...

Hi,chamokayo,

Here in Tokyo, it's rather cold.
I'm afraid we wiil have snow tomorrow.

When it's cold, maybe sake is very good. Sorry I don't drink, so I cannot appreciate the taste of hot sake in winter.

If you can get 'sakekasu' over there, miso soup with 'sakekasu' would be perfect for a cold winter.

Now I can read chamokayo's blog instantly. The world is getting smaller and smaller. Yes, it's marvelous.

Years ago I enjoyed reading Asahi Weekly. My favorite column was "A Letter From Boston", or something.
A Japanese girl at Boston University wrote reports. They were very interesting. At that time I never imagined I could send my comment instantly. Now I can!

It's amazing.

We can share our experience.

The world is getting smaller and we can experience a bigger and bigger world.

Thanks again and be careful not to drink too much!

chamokayo said...

Hello, Honesty,

I love kasujiru, soup with miso and sakekasu. It warms me well from inside of my body, and is very suitable in winter and also nutritious. I made it when I got the sakekasu in Autumn, but unfortunately it is impossible to buy it locally. I can get it only when my friend goes to a Japanese Grocery shop in London, which is 3 hours drive from my town. ...Maybe I need to learn the recipe of sakekasu from your mother... :D

Yes, it is amazing to see how fast the world is shrinking, thanks for the Internet. I can send a message with photos to my mother in Japan instantly for free, and can communicate with people all over the world in no time!!

Thanks for your advice, but I would not drink too much at once. It is too precious to drink it all so quickly. :D But I have to be careful not to finish the whole bottle before I make the BBQ sauce. hahaha

Talk to you soon!