5.1.09

rice noodle

I am a noodle lover.
Japanese udon, soba, somen, ramen, and other noodles like pasta are essential for my life. I crave for noodle if I miss one noodle meal per day.

After I moved to England, I discovered "rice noodle" which is from South East Asia. I often use it as an alternative to ramen noodle. I make soup similar to ramen soup and eat it as a soup noodle.

The rice noodle I recently bought was from irregular company which I have never heard. I cooked it as usual, but taste was disappointing. So I explored new recipe, and deep fried the noodle as I followed the instruction on the package.

It was my first experience. I have seen the deep fried rice noodle in cook books or Thai restaurant. However I have never made it myself before.

This was a surprise!

Let me not tell you what the surprise was.



Just get a bunch of thin rice noodles, and deep fry it in a hot oil.
Make sure that the oil is hot enough, and you fry a little amount of noodles, not too little though, at a time.



I am sure you will enjoy the process of deep frying.


Enjoy!!


Ç…ÇŸÇÒÉuÉçÉOë∫ âpåÍÉuÉçÉOÇ÷ Å©This is a banner for the blog ranking at the "Blog MURA".Each click encourages me a lot! Thank you for clicking this.

2 comments:

Anima said...

Happy New Year chamokayo,
I love rice noodles too!
Pho I had in Vietnam was just so yummy...
The other day we tried thin vermicelli rice noodles in simple tomato and chorizo soup, which was quite nice as well.
I'll try your deep fried rice noodles too!

chamokayo said...

Hello, anima,
Happy new year to you!!

I hope you will enjoy as much as I did!!
Please use thin noodles (about 1mm thickness) not the flat ones to get the best result.

Have a fun!!