13.5.09

birthday card

This morning my husband informed me our friend's birthday.

She is an old lady who has been contributed her love and efforts to the school for more than half a century. I think everybody in this community loves her. Of course we are not the exception.


She turned to 91 today.
She still comes to the school every Tuesday to see how we are doing.
Her love for the school and her positivity always amaze me.




I quickly made a birthday card for her to celebrate her birthday!!




The photo is not very clear, but I hope you can recognize a bird with a flower on the photo.
I cut out a plain yellow paper and glued it on a white paper to make a pop-up card.
You see my friend's name cut out on top of the card.


Do you like it??

2 comments:

Anima said...

The card looks so cute!
I want to make this kind of cards, but am not good at it...grrr...
And it's amazing that she is contributing to the school for such a long time! I guess teachers and students are learning a lot of important things about school and life from her...I too wish her a fantastic birthday:)

chamokayo said...

Hello, Anima,
Thanks.
I love to make this kind of crafts a lot. It is not difficult and materials are always around. So I can make it quickly when I need it. There are so many fancy greeting cards sold in shops but I like sending hand-made card even if hand-made one is not so sophisticated...

I agree with your comment very much. She herself, just her presence and her life tell lots of story. We learn a lot from the person.