18.2.09

fractal

You might not know that I am a geometer... , since I have not talked about Geometry so long.


Today I just found an article about paper craft using the idea of fractal.
If you are interested in learning "fractal", go to wiki, which will give you some idea of it.


Then what I made today is....




Isn't it beautiful!?

This is made of a sheet of copy paper, using a pair of scissors.
You don't need a ruler or pattern to design this.

Just cut it following the method.

The method is here.

Simple, easy.
I am sure you would enjoy the beauty of geometrical shape as you make this!!

4 comments:

Honesty said...

Hi, chamokayo,
You have a lot of talents. Amazing!
I remember making a paper decoration to put under a rice cake on New Year's Day. That's simpler, of course. When I was small, I folded a piece of colored paper, cut and opened---a beatuful design appered.
Good old days! Now I'd like to try yours and surprise my daughter---:)

chamokayo said...

Hello, Honesty,

I do various things, but only what I like to do...:D

I think Japanese have good sense for handling papers, especially those works that need precision. I often cut out snow flakes or stars from a sheet of paper that decorate our windows. It is simple craft and you don't need much skills. Still you get amazing shapes as a result.

This fractal paper craft is also very simple to make, but the idea of fractal itself is simple to grasp. I respect that somebody invent this beautiful object applying 2 dimentional shape to 3 dimentional material...

Anyway, I am sure you would surprise your family by making this!!!

Have a fun!

Anonymous said...

good one!

chamokayo said...

Hi, Ram!
Thanks!
I had a lot of fun making this!